At BaneBio, we’re proud to say that every day is Earth Day. Our membership in The Maryland Green Registry is one important way that we have stated our commitment to strong, proactive environmental management through sustainable policies with measurable results.
Our Environmental Policy Statement
We strive to achieve good environmental practices and operate in a sustainable manner. Reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance are integral to our business strategy, core values, and operating methods.
We have pledged to:
- Support and comply with the requirements of current environmental regulations.
- Improve our environmental efforts by setting goals to reduce, reuse, and recycle to the best of our ability each year
- Reduce material and energy waste, the production of material waste, and energy waste
- Reuse or recycle as much of our waste as possible
- Reduce the production of pollutants with respect of water, land, and air
- Adequately train all staff on environmental codes of practice and our developed environmental program
- Communicate the importance of good environmental practice to our customers, staff, and community
Our Environmental Team
The nine members of BaneBio’s environmental team work continually to discover new and different ways to communicate with our customers and the community about the importance of proper environmental practices. Each team member is empowered to strive for 100% recycling as a part of our daily business routine.
Our Annual Environmental Goals
Our management and environmental teams meet monthly to discuss ways to minimize our ecological impact during the course of our day-to-day operations. We have made a commitment to:
- Recycle all components of equipment that have reached the end of their usable life
- Reduce facility waste by 75%
- Improve environmental efforts by placing multiple recycle bins around the office and warehouse
- Encourage staff, customers, and the community to abide by current environmental regulations
Environmentally Preferable Products and Services
BaneBio’s core business is based on regenerating and extending the life of lab equipment that might otherwise be disposed of. If equipment reaches the end of its life, the parts are scrapped and recycled at the local scrapyard.
Environmentally Preferable Purchasing
BaneBio purchases copy paper, file folders, ink cartridges, note pads, markers, plastic cutlery, plates, can liners, and bathroom tissue that are classified either “green” or recycled.
Solid Waste Reduction and Reuse
We believe in reusing/recycling all types of packaging and office materials. In the warehouse, we reuse bubble wrap, fill cushioning, polyethylene-poly bags, cardboard boxes, and more. In the office, we reuse/recycle manila file folders, copy paper, cardstock, plastic ware, CDs, glassware, aluminum, desk accessories, and office chairs.
Bane Bio recycles the warehouse and office supplies listed above when they cannot be reused. In addition, we recycle steel, stainless steel, aluminum, brass, and copper
The Maryland Green Registry has been an invaluable partner to BaneBio as we strive to develop, meet, and exceed our goals on the path to sustainability. BaneBio is proud to have done its part to help the Maryland Green Registry save more than $107 million annually through the proven, practical measures they have shared with their members.